A global, multi-billion dollar manufacturer of retail goods needed an Executive Dashboard to provide information on Global Strategic Planning, Corporate Marketing, Distributor Compensation and Sales.
- Leverage data from from the Global Data Warehouse, Finance Hyperion and Survey Capture
- Leverage the CSV file populated by client’s IT department, create a new Scorecard Metric Fact Table and expose the data for ad-hoc reporting and existing Time, Exchange, Currency, and Geography BI dimenions
- Based on the current MS Excel template, produce:
- a Global Strategic Planning scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- a Corporate Marketing scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- a Distributor Compensation & Sales scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- Created a new Scorecard Metric Fact table in the GDW, along with processes to populate the table with data from a CSV file created by IT. This was developed as a repeatable process.
- Defined and implemented a process for annotating the scorecards with user provided information. The users provided information and we included all the other metric data in the CSV file.
- Exposed the data in the new GDW to the business for ad-hoc reporting purposes.
- Leveraged the new Scorecard Metric Fact table to produce executive scorecards.
- Implemented the new development into production and supported the product for the first three weeks after the roll out.
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)